Stampin' Up! products are not sold in stores but may be purchased at home workshops or through a network of independent sales consultants called Stampin' Up! demonstrators. As a demonstrator I sell this exclusive line of top quality decorative stamp sets and accessories for greeting cards, scrapbooking, craft projects, and home decor.



Thursday, July 22, 2010

Challenge: Throwback Thursday Birthday Celebrations

Emma over at My Creative Time currently has another Throwback Thursday Challenge to make a birthday themed project using "Celebrations" or an old cartridge. I thought this would be an excellent opportunity to create a card for my great uncle in Germany as my whole family missed his 70th birthday (yes, I know, we are horrible)! Since I don't have "Celebrations" I used "Zoobaloo" to make the thought bubble (actually a cloud) and MTC to make the sleeping kitty and Microsoft publisher to write the sentiment (in English it reads: Happy Belated Birthday) for this German card. On the inside of the card I wrote (in German): While we were also sleeping, we missed your birthday (it sounds more eloquent in German :). The kitty took me a long time as I converted a clipart svg file into layers. I was originally skeptical about the layering of the pillow, but am quite happy with the results!

9 comments:

Carol Ric said...

Very Cute!

Scrappin with the bug said...

What a cute card. Very nice.

N2ScrapN4Fun said...

Adorable.

TUKI said...

I love it, very creative!!

My Creative Time said...

This has to be the cUTEST CuTEST card EVER!! I am such an animal lover so this card is PERFECT!!
Gypsy Hugs,
Emma;)

Raven B said...

I love that you used Zooballoo I love seeing projects with it as it is on my maybe list. Super cute.
Hugs,
Raven

Edna Marie said...

Soo sweet what a super cute kitten
;)Inspired Huggs

Edna Marie said...

Soo sweet what a super cute kitten
;)Inspired Huggs

Blah said...

I like that you used the cloud as a thought bubble...great idea.