Stampin' Up! products are not sold in stores but may be purchased at home workshops or through a network of independent sales consultants called Stampin' Up! demonstrators. As a demonstrator I sell this exclusive line of top quality decorative stamp sets and accessories for greeting cards, scrapbooking, craft projects, and home decor.



Thursday, July 29, 2010

Challenge: Companion #2 Create a Recycled Project

I got super excited when I saw the theme for Crafting with Cristina's second Companion Challenge - RECYCLED! Since I am currently visiting in Saskatchewan and away from my crafting I thought I wouldn't be able to do any challenges this week. However, I purchased a magazine for the trip and when I saw the theme for this challenge I figured - hey, why not use the colourful pages of a magazine in a card? I've also been wanting to try making a German paper star (Froebel Stern). So, with a little help from Free Craft Ideas, some glue stick and a new Martha Stewart punch I bought with a 40% off coupon at Micheal's I was able to make this super colourful card. All the paper you see is from the same magazine. I found a page for pool exercises (hence the blue water) and a clinique advertisement that had two large green apples that make up the green paper you see. Even the sentiment is from an advertisement for ice cream :) I had a lot of fun making this card! Thanks Cristina for the inspiration & great theme! I've also included some pictures of the first froebel stern I made. This one is in 3-D unlike the green one on the card.

2 comments:

Tara said...

This rocks! I am soooo impressed!

http://creativeprincess-homemadehappiness.blogspot.com/

Tara

PS Mr. Dressup was my favourite show as a kid!

Cristina said...

Aww you made me a project even though you are on vacation?! wowow!!!


SSo creative to use clips of your magazine!

At first glace you couldn't even tell. but now i see it.

Thank you for joining my Challenge

Cristina

http://www.craftingwithcristina.com