Stampin' Up! products are not sold in stores but may be purchased at home workshops or through a network of independent sales consultants called Stampin' Up! demonstrators. As a demonstrator I sell this exclusive line of top quality decorative stamp sets and accessories for greeting cards, scrapbooking, craft projects, and home decor.



Saturday, July 17, 2010

Challenge: Card from a Sketch IV

Wow - it's been a whole week since I've posted! I'm currently in the prairies visiting my husband and don't have as much time to play. This week's challenge at A Crafty Little Place's  was inspired by a childhood window.

I thought I would try to mimic the layers and geometry as much as possible and this is what I came up with. Interestingly enough I didn't use my cricut at all to make the card - just a stamp set I got at Micheal's.

I feel like it still needs a little something, ribbon maybe? In retrospect, it would have been cool to do a trifold or have each "window" open to reveal an image or message -an idea for next time!

6 comments:

Sheri Gilson said...

Great card, Anne!! Love the owl!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at ACLP this week!!
Sheri-ACLP DT

LORi said...

Super duper card!! Love those distressed dots and the little owl!!
Thanks for sharing with ACLP!!

CRAFTY Hugs - LORI

Gwen's Busy Little Hands said...

Sweet job on our sketch from A Crafty Little Place. I love the ideas of hidden images behind the "windows". Fantastic ideas! Great to have you with us, keep coming back.

Smiles!
Gwen DTC@ACLP

Amber said...

Fabulous card! Love the distressed look! And what a cute little owl!
ACLP Hugs
Amber

Cara said...

Adorable card, love the owl. Great take on the sketch from ACLP!
Cara ACLP DT

~*Joni said...

Hi Anne! I think without a ribbon is just delightful, this owl takes center stage. ;)Wonderful papers you've paired with it, I love the edges! And brilliant idea to do a window with this sketch next time - I love that idea! Thank you so much for joining us at ACLP this week.
~*Joni ACLP DT